Thursday, June 2, 2011

What are the benefits of Jesus ascending to heaven?


One day, as I was passing in the field, and that too with some dashes on my conscience, fearing lest yet all was not right, suddenly this sentence fell upon my soul, "Thy righteousness is in heaven"; and me thought withal, I saw, with the eyes of my soul, Jesus Christ at God's right hand; there, I say, is my righteousness, so that whatever I was, or whatever I was a-doing, God could not say of me, he lacks My righteousness, for that was just before Him. I also saw, moreover, that it was not my good frame of heart that made my righteousness better, nor yet my bad frame that made my righteousness worse; for my righteousness was Jesus Christ Himself, the same yesterday, and today, and forever.

John Bunyan
Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners, 1666

No comments:

Post a Comment