Friday, July 22, 2011

Jesus in Hebrews, Worship in Costa Coffee

Yesterday at Costa Coffee I sat down with my friend Shane Dean and he taught me a bit of how to use the Logos Bible Software that I had on my computer, yet had been completely unable to figure out myself. It was a great couple of hours of explaining lexicons, hyperlinks, language tools, text comparisons, sentence diagrams, visual filters, etc.
And then right before he left he showed me the passage analysis feature, which allows you to chart out any pericope according to the frequency of words used, or quickly see the importance of a word or theme in a book. I offhandedly typed in "Jesus" as my search, and "Epistle to the Hebrews" as my pericope. The chart that came up nearly brought me to tears. 
It so wonderfully showed the great and noble name that He possesses and the great things that Jesus has done for us. 
  • The One who is the Apostle and High Priest of our confession is the same One who suffered outside the gate. 
  • The One who is called the Son of God is also the One who opened a way for us through the curtain of His flesh. 
  • The Great Shepherd of the Sheep, who was crowned with glory and honour experienced the suffering of death.  
 It was an amazing moment as I was quickly reminded that the Scriptures are not just words to be studied, but they teach us about (and lead us to) the Saviour to whom we are to worship. I just looked at the chart and whispered a quiet prayer of thanks to my Lord, Jesus Christ, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment