Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Triune Prayer from the Valley of Vision










THREE IN ONE, ONE IN THREE,
GOD OF MY SALVATION.

Heavenly Father, blessed Son, eternal Spirit,
I adore Thee as one Being, one Essence,
one God in three distinct Persons,
for bringing sinners to Thy knowledge and to Thy kingdom.
O Father, Thou hast loved me and sent Jesus to redeem me;
O Jesus, Thou hast loved me and assumed my nature,
shed Thine own blood to wash away my sins,
wrought righteousness to cover my unworthiness;
O Holy Spirit, Thou hast loved me and entered
my heart, implanted there eternal life,
revealed to me the glories of Jesus.
Three Persons and one God, I bless and praise Thee,
for love so unmerited, so unspeakable,
so wonderous, so mighty to save the lost and raise them to glory.
O Father, I thank Thee that in fullness of grace
Thou hast given me to Jesus, to be His sheep, jewel, portion;
O Jesus, I thank Thee that in fullness of grace
Thou hast accepted, espoused, bound me;
Oh Holy Spirit, I think Thee that in the fullness of grace Thou hast
Exhibted Jesus as my salvation,
Implanted faith within me,
subdued my stubborn heart,
made me one with Him forever.
O Father, Thou art enthroned to hear my prayers,
O Jesus, Thy hand is outstretched to take my petitions,
O Holy Spirit, Thou art willing to help my
infirmities, to show me my need,
to supply words, to pray within me,
to strengthen me that I faint not in supplication.
O Triune God, who commandeth the universe,
Thou hast commanded me to ask for those things that concern my kingdom and my soul.
Let me live and pray as one baptized into the threefold Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment